Pastry-less vegetable quiche
Here’s one for all of you out there who like to cut down on carbs, especially at night! This quiche is very quick and easy, with an amazing fluffy consistency. It is very versatile, as you can use any vegetables you may have and it is perfect as a main course after some spicy soup 🙂
- 3 eggs
- 75g feta cheese, crushed
- 75g grated cheese (I used mozzarella but you can use whichever you like most)
- 100g mixed vegetables (e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, beans)
- 1 handful crushed nuts (e.g. almonds)
- 10-15 sliced olives
- 50ml milk
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 2-3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 handful salted tortilla chips, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the feta and grated cheese. Mix thoroughly and then add the vegetable stock and milk. Stir in the olives and nuts. Fry or microwave the veggies briefly and then add into the mixture with salt and pepper.
Transfer the quiche mixture to an ovenproof dish and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove and garnish with the spring onion and tortilla chips and bake for another 2-3 minutes. Serve!